September 10, 2011

Changing Up Accessories [Spray Paint]

I decorate on the cheap. No kidding. If I'm browsing for decor accessories I will jump for anything under $5, but if it costs more than that....no matter how much I love it....I contemplate a lot and I usually don't buy it. Sometimes I'll go back later, but that's ONLY if I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

Mostly, I freshen up stale spaces by rearranging what I already have. Here's a few little things I've done this week. {Note: spray painting is hard. No one tells you this, but there is actually a technique to it. I learned the hard way by grabbing a can and opening fire. A few runs later I deferred to Jason for help. Apparently you are not supposed to spray the paint at a centimeter away from the object. Who knew? I'm going to have to practice.}

These "words" came from the $2.50 bin at Target (I LOVE that store).
--Before--
--After--
I Heart This Blue {Mediterranean Gloss by Valspar}
I changed out my black "Laugh" by spraying it Berry (red) by Valspar. I just realized I don't have a pic and I'm too lazy to stop typing and go take one. You'll just have to close your eyes and picture it. :) I'm also sure you'll spot it in later post pics when I rework a shelf.

This white based topiary was great in the beginning, but the time came for a little color. I used the Mediterranean here too. I haven't done anything with it's twin yet. I'm still thinking about what I want to do (I haven't used them together in a while). Sorry for the blurry pics...I JUST learned how to take great blog photos with a point and shoot - more to come in the next post.


We wrapped the greenery portion in plastic wrap and then painters tape to protect it from the spray. It couldn't be removed from the base so we had to be creative.



If you're feeling a little bored with the decor elements in your house just grab a few cans of good ole' spray paint in a color you like and get your spray on!





No comments:

Post a Comment